Monday, April 7, 2014

First Week of Training.

Hola darlings.
First week of a trainer. It´s been very interesting to say the least. My
companion is a rockstar and has put up with me this far haha. Her name is
Hermana Koyle from Idaho. She didnt take any classes of spanish before her
mission so we are starting fresh. For those of you who know how missionary
work is... Opening a new area means walking around all day. And we got the
area without any investigadores of the old area or the others Hermanas.
Might be the hardest part is not being able to teach Edgar, Sebestian,
Oscar, and all the people and then coming home to hear about them. Part of
life...  So we walked a lot this week but she was a trooper! We contacted
23 new people to teach so we were excited about that. I think being a
trainer Ive realized how far my spanish and teaching has come. Somedays
we´ll be walking and people with say something vulgar to us and she always
asks me what they are saying. Yeah, I just say Ill tell you later. Maybe
its a blessing not to understand haha? Its been a trial of my faith and
patience though. I was so used to just doing things so fast with Hermana
Taquichiri, talking fast, planning fast, everything fast that I forgot shes
new and its going to take time. Poor girl has had to deal with me just end
up crying at the end of the night with frustration.

So how about General Conference was absolutely amazing!! I was so amazed
how many things I HAD to hear. I learned how much words really mean and how
we need to be cauticious of them, how to apply the atonement in times of
frustration, how to rely on simple faith to help me conquistar las pruebas
que yo tengo en esta momento. Mi pobre companera no entiende nada porque
estuvo en espanol. Poor girl. But it was really humbling. We sat on hardwood benches for all of the hours. I am so grateful to speak ingles. They dont know the voice of their profeta and leaders. It really hit me a million strong when we norte americanas sang in english as the sang in spanish. Different words but the same message. The church is SO true.

So not too much to tell you all this week. Im  sorry. I hope you all apply
what you learned in General Conference. Make your life better through the
atonement and prayer. "Speak cause he is listening."

Yo se que la iglesia es verdadero. Que mediante la gracia de la expiación
yo puedo cumplir todos de las cosas que el Señor quiere en esta momento. Me
encanta los discursos de como nuestros familias van a recibir bendiciones
mediante servicio y como podemos poner nuestra confianza en las
generaciones antes nosotros.
Tengan Buen semana.
Le Amo,
Hermana Veater
Obsession with Horchata y Tacos al Pastor

Six missionaries of Tlalpan.

The missionaries of two wards!

First Trainee. Hermana Koye

parade in the street 5 de mayo-

Yo se que la iglesia es verdadero. Que mediante la gracia de la expiación
yo puedo cumplir todos de las cosas que el Señor quiere en esta momento. Me
encanta los discursos de como nuestros familias van a recibir bendiciones
mediante servicio y como podemos poner nuestra confianza en las
generaciones antes nosotros.
Tengan Buen semana.
Le Amo,
Hermana Veater

No comments:

Post a Comment