Saturday, November 9, 2013

Count your MANY blessings.

I woke up to my mom running in my room and asking if Shalee Jo Brown was okay. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. She went on to explain to me that there was going to be a huge storm in Sha's mission (Philippines). Instantly, tears fell and my stomach got in scout knots of every sort.

"Not my best friend's mission."
"What if I never see my little Sunshine again?"
"Oh, poor Kelly!"
"What if she loses her leg while trying to run?!"
"I KNEW there was a reason I hated her mission call the most."

A few days passed on and we got the news that all missionaries (minus some from the Cabio mission) were , accounted for. The last time I had felt that much relief was after Daltyn's transplant. This tragedy that has been placed upon the sweet people of the Philippines had me think twice and count my many blessings. I have been blessed beyond measure with family, friends, protection, freedom, the gospel, education, good health and many more things. I wish that it didn't take trials and tragedy for me to be thankful for all that I have and hopefully some day it won't be that way.

Everybody PLEASE keep all the people of the Philippines who weren't as fortunate with protection in your prayers. You are all blessed beyond measure and others need you right now.








No comments:

Post a Comment